Guru color codes his llamas.
- Ektachrome Color Reversal Film is Killed
- Angry Birds gets a theme park in Finland.
- Rumor Mill
- Rumor that not only is Google going to make a Jellybean Nexus tablet, but Asus is going to manufacture it. Asus has delivered ICS.
- Rumor that project codenamed Majel is now called Assistant and set to be released in Q4 2012.
- EFF releases Mobile User Privacy Bill of Rights – Points include individual control of what data is collected, the ability to withdraw consent, the idea that developers should collect the minimum amount of data to provide their service and anonymize personal information, transparency, data should only be used for the purpose agreed upon, security of data, and accountability.
- After losing $850, AT&T decides 3GB is the new unlimited. AT&T reports that in January, the top 5 percent of unlimited data plan customers used an average of over 50 percent more data than the top 5 percent of customers on tiered plans.
- If that isn’t enough, AT&T planning to allow developers to pay for data
- Platform News
- Android has 300 million devices, 850,000 daily activations, and 450,000 apps
- NSA develops Android phone that meets Top Secret criteria.
- HTCDev releases 4 new APIs, Beats Audio, Lockscreen, Mobile Device management, and MediaLink. Someone ports Beats Audio to any rooted ROM.
- HTC seeks to simplify Sense, offering more ICS and less intrusive.
- App News
- Roku launches official Android app. (Market Link)
- Go Launcher HD beta offers tablet version of popular launcher
- Dolphin Browser HD updated, now includes Dolphin Sonar, allows control by voice.
- Amazon MP3 updated again, with bug fixes on previous version.
- Opera version 12 released, features upgraded core, new HTML5 features, and more.
- Twitter app updated again, adds security, bug fixes, and performance improvements.
- SugarSync updated, offers ICS support, folder sharing, and more. (Market Link)
- VLC for Android in beta.
- Minecraft sells a million copies on Android
- The Door to Door Geek sends over a terminal app, with a full IDE
- Llama – Location Profiles (Market Link)
Episode 85 – The Llama is Red is a post from Android Buffet Podcast - Hungry for Android? Get all you can eat at the Android Buffet Podcast...live on Mondays at 10PM Eastern. All Rights Reserved.